Monday, November 26, 2012

Don't rock the boat baby

Tonight's my last night in this beautiful paradise. Bittersweet it feels to go back to the "comfort" of my bed and the stress of the city. I am always suprised how easy and good life feels when I'm away from all that, maybe I just like to escape, I'm good at it. I have been confronted with the way I think life should be for those who have less, and maybe, just maybe, the have more than I will ever have. My good intentions and "hard work" don't mean a thing unless I know how to respect and listen to those around me. I believe I can bring change, but now I'm realizing I'm a bit clueless on how to to go about it. Much to ponder, much to wonder, much to meditate and much to understand. I say goodbye to La Moskitia after having the craziest boat ride of my life, through some of the most beautiful mangroves, rivers and lakes I have ever seen and I still can't believe I was given a chance to live my dream!

¡Hoy es mi última noche en este bellos paraíso! Sentimientos encontrados al regresar a la "comodidad" de mi cama y al stress de la ciudad. Siempre me sorprendo cuan fácil y buena es la vida cuando estoy lejos de todo eso, quizá me gusta escapar, soy buena para ello. He sido confrontada con la manera comp creo que la vida debería ser para aquellos que tienen menos, y talvez, sólo talvez, ellos tienen más de lo que yo jamás podré tener. Mis buenas intenciones y "trabajo duro" no significan nada a menos que sepa respetar y escuchar a los que me rodean. Creo que puedo ser agente de cambio, pero ahora me doy cuenta que no tengo ni la más mínima idea de como hacerlo. Mucho en que pensar, mucho en que meditar, mucho por entender. Le digo adiós a La Moskitia después de tener el viaje en bote más loco de mi vida, a través de los manglares, ríos y lagunas más bellos que he visto en mi vida y, ¡aún no puedo creer que se me fue dada la oportunidad de vivir mi sueño!

No comments:

Post a Comment