Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Yan nini Damni

There's not much out here. Field after field, and an occasional cow roaming through them. But there's people. People that welcome you into their homes without asking too many questions. This is indeed a whole different world. Nothing can make you feel more like an outsider than needing an interpreter in your own country , so I just gotta try. And when that mother welcomes me into her house I say "Naxa", "Hello" , and I tell them " yan nini Damni", my name is Dulce, and they smile. After that I'm in for real, and I am richer and fuller because they have given me a bit of themselves, and that's all I can take away from this incredible place.

No hay mucho aquí. Llanura tras llanura y la ocasional vaca rumiando en ellas. Pero si hay personas. Personas que te dejan entrar en sus casas sin hacer muchas preguntas. En realidad este es otro mundo. Nada te puede hacer sentir mas como un extraño que necesitar un interprete en tu propio país, así que solo me queda intentarlo. Y cuando esa madre me permite entrar en su hogar yo saludo "naxa", hola, y le digo "yan nini Damni", mi nombre es Dulce, y ella sonríe. Después de eso realmente estoy adentro y soy más rica y estoy mas llena porque me han dado un pedazo de ellos mismos, y eso es todo lo que puedo llevarme de este maravilloso lugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment